AUTEX 2020 - 20th World Textile Conference
Considering the current situation of great risk and uncertainty caused by Covid-19 pandemic, the Autex2020 Conference to be held in June in Portugal will be suspended. In due time, a new date for Autex Conference will be announced.
Autex2020 Conference is being organized by the University of Minho, through 2C2T — Centre of Textile Science and Technology, and is focused on the latest scientific and technical advances in textiles and clothing.
The conference will bring together various universities, research and technological centers, companies and all those interested in these amazing areas.
The conference aims to represent a forum for exchanging ideas, presenting the latest developments and trends, proposing new solutions and promoting international collaborations.
The conference topics include:
- Advanced Fibres and Materials
- Innovative Functional Textiles
- Technical Textiles, Composites and Membranes
- Protective Textiles
- Medical Textiles, Tissue Engineering, Implants
- Smart, Interactive and Multifunctional Textiles
- Textile Processing, Innovative Textile Structures
- Nanotechnology, Nanotextiles, Electrospinning
- Biopolymers and Biotechnology
- Surface Functionalization and Coating
- Textile and Clothing Machinery
- Textile Testing, Measuring Technology
- CAD/CAE-Technology, Mass Customisation
- Modelling and Simulation
- Fashion – Design and Garment Industry
- Comfort Science
- Ecological and Environmental Textiles, Recycling and Life Cycle Analysis
- Textile Economy, Textile Supply Chain Management
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Modern Textile Education and Training
AUTEX stands for the Association of Universities for Textiles.
AUTEX is a worldwide network of textile universities and was founded in 1994 and over the years a strong enlargement took place and the Association currently has 39 members from 30 countries.
The current chair is Prof. Mirela Blaga from "Gheorghe Asachi" Technical University of Iasi in Romania and the secretariat is located at Ghent University, Department of Materials, Textiles and Chemical Engineering.
The mission of AUTEX is to facilitate co-operation amongst its members in high level textile education and research.